Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Bank Holiday Boogeymen

Just back from a soggy (ish) weekend in a tent, hence the reason there's been no blogs for a day or two.

Bank Holiday drivers always amaze me - how can people drive around, completely oblivious to the fact that they are doing 25 in a 60 and there's a 3 mile queue of traffic behind them!

I saw a reall stroke of genious this weekend. We were staying at the rather nice Waterside holiday park in Essex. I should have had an alarm bell ringing when I booked the weekend. The girl on the other end of the phone did say that she should really warn me that the tent pitches were a bit away from the toliets and showers. "No problem" says me, thinking they were probably over the other side of a field - but alas, no - they were on the other side of the site - a good 10 minutes walk away! Anyhow, most of the carvans in this place were statics (not the one's that Top Gear blow up with an increasing frequency) - and one chap in a static near us had obviously decided he'd had enough of the walking back and forth to the facilities (the pool, shop and bar were also beside the toilets), and had invested in a little Suzuki Jeep - painted like a Zebra, which he ran around the site with no tax or number plates (and alas, probably no insurance) just to get from A-B!

I also saw a lovely ding while I was away - Jag XKS and a Range Rover, on a roundabout, both with a smashed light cluster - that's going to be a lovely repair bill!

No comments: